1. When, O Dear Jesus, When Shall I
Behold thee all serene?
Blessed in perpetual Sabbath day,
Without a veil between!
2. Assist me, while I wander here
Amidst a world of cares;
Incline my heart to pray with love,
And then accept my prayers.
3. Release my soul from ev'ry chain;
No more hell's captive led;
And pardon a repenting child,
For whom the Savoir bled.
4. Spare me, my God, O spare the soul
That gives itself to thee,
Take all that I possess below,
And give thyself to me.
5. Thy Spirit, O my Father, give,
To be my guide and friend,
To light my pain with endless joys
A Sabbath without end.