1. The saints on earth and those above|
But one communion make;
Joined to their Lord in bonds of love,
All of His grace partake.
2. One family, we dwell in Him,
One Church above, beneath;
Though now divided by the stream,
The narrow stream, of death.
3. One army of the living God,
To His commands we bow;
Part of the host have passed the flood,
And part are crossing now.
4. Lo, thousands to their endless home
Are swiftly borne away;
And we are to the margin come
And soon must launch as they.
5. Lord Jesus, be our constant Guide;
Then, when the word is given,
Bid death's cold flood its waves divide
And land us safe in heaven.