- There�s a fountain opened in the house of God,
Where the vilest of sinners may go,
And all test the power of the crimson flood,
Of the blood that makes whiter than snow.
Praise the Lord, I am washed
In the all-cleansing blood of the Lamb,
And my robes are whiter than the driven snow,
I am washed in the blood of the Lamb.
- When that fount was opened in the Savior�s side,
How the thief did rejoice in that day!
And when dying, �Lord, remember me,� he cried,
Oh, the blood washed his sins all away.
- �Will you come and reason,� saith the Lord, �with Me;
Though your sins red like crimson do glow,
And if dyed with scarlet stains your heart may be,
I will make it as white as the snow.�
- Yes, a broken spirit and a contrite heart
Thou wilt never despise, O my God!
But wilt fully cleanse it now in every part,
Till I�m whiter than snow by the blood.
- I have overcome now by the blood of the Lamb,
And I�m clothed in my raiment so white;
And I�m on my journey to that glorious land,
Where forever I�ll dwell in the light.
- What are these in spotless robes and whence came they,
As they�re singing with palms in their hands?
These through tribulation gained the victory,
Having washed in the blood of the Lamb.