1. O Lord, I sing with lips and heart,|
Joy of my soul, to Thee;
To earth Thy knowledge I impart
As it is known to me.
2. Thou art the Fount of grace, I know,
And Spring so full and free
Whence saving health and goodness flow
Each day so bounteously.
3. For what have all that live and move
Through this wide world below
That does not from Thy bounteous love,
O heavenly Father, flow?
4. Who built the lofty firmament?
Who spread the expanse of blue?
By whom are to our pastures sent
Refreshing rain and dew?
5. Who warmeth us in cold and frost?
Who shields us from the wind?
Who orders it that fruit and grain
We in their season find?
6. Who is it life and health bestows?
Who keeps us with His hand
In golden peace, wards off war's woes
From our dear native land?
7. O Lord, of this and all our store
Thou art the Author blest;
Thou keepest watch before our door
While we securely rest.
8. Thou feedest us from year to year
And constant dost abide;
With ready help in time of fear
Thou standest at our side.
9. Our deepest need dost Thou supply
And all that lasts for aye;
Thou leadest to our home on high,
When hence we pass away.