Listen to this song using Rhapsody (Free for 14 Days)
The Righteous Lord
Christian Hymn Lyrics Online
� 2008 Carden's Design. All Rights Reserved.
1. The Righteous Lord, Supremely Great|
Maintains His universal state;
O'er all the earth his pow'r extends,
All heav'n before His footstool bends.
2. Yet justice still with pow'r presides
And mercy all His empire guides;
Mercy and truth are His delight,
And saints are lovely in His sight.
3. No more, ye wise, your wisdom boast;
No more, ye strong, your valor trust;
No more, ye rich, survey your store,
Elate with heaps of shining ore.
4. Glory, ye saints, in this alone:
That God, your God, to you is known
That you have owned His sov'reign sway;
That you have felt His cheering ray.
5. Our wisdom wealth, and pow'r, we find
In one Jehovah all combined;
On him we fix our roving eyes.
And all our souls in raptures rise.
6. All else, which we are treasure call,
May in one fatal moment fall;
But what their happiness can move,
Whom God, the blessed, designs to love?
T Lyrics - hymnlyrics.org