- Are you ready, waiting for the Lord?
See, the signs proclaim Him near,
In the awful thunders of His word,
Now His coming steps we hear.
Thou art coming, O my Savior,
Who can stand Thy flaming light?
Now the burning of Thy Spirit
Sweeps away the words of night;
Quickly coming in Thy glory,
With Thy bright, angelic train,
We shall see Thee in Thy beauty,
And forever with Thee reign.
- Now are many running to and fro,
Spreading holiness around,
And the evening light begins to glow—
Soon we’ll hear the trumpet’s sound.
- Hark! the solemn warning unto all,
Judgment’s coming, oh, how soon;
Flee, O man, at Mercy’s final call,
Heaven trembles at your doom.
- As the lightning flashes east to west,
Comes the Lord in flaming fire;
Oh, what glory thrills each holy breast!
Sinners melt beneath His ire.
- Christ is coming, oh, the heav’nly sight!
Our Beloved can’t delay,
For His bride is robed in snowy white,
Ready for that glorious day.