- My soul in sad exile was out on life�s sea,
So burdened with sin and distressed,
Till I heard a sweet voice, saying, �Make Me your choice�;
And I entered the �Haven of Rest�!
I�ve anchored my soul in the �Haven of Rest,�
I�ll sail the wide seas no more;
The tempest may sweep over wild, stormy, deep,
In Jesus I�m safe evermore.
- I yielded myself to His tender embrace,
In faith taking hold of the Word,
My fetters fell off, and I anchored my soul;
The �Haven of Rest� is my Lord.
- The song of my soul, since the Lord made me whole,
Has been the old story so blest,
Of Jesus, who�ll save whosoever will have
A home in the �Haven of Rest.�
- How precious the thought that we all may recline,
Like John, the beloved so blest,
On Jesus� strong arm, where no tempest can harm,
Secure in the �Haven of Rest.�
- Oh, come to the Savior, He patiently waits
To save by His power divine;
Come, anchor your soul in the �Haven of Rest,�
And say, �My Beloved is mine.�