- Have you walked about Mount
’Round her towers great and tall?
Have you seen her mighty bulwarks,
Have you seen her shining walls?
Walk about Mount Zion, brother,
See the Bride in spotless white;
With her name enrolled in heaven,
She is walking in the light.
- See her palaces so lovely,
Shining forth in splendor bright;
In the City of the ransomed,
Where there never comes the night.
- Yes, the City hath foundations,
She is built upon the Rock;
She has stood the howling tempest,
And will stand the judgment shock.
- No storm clouds shall gather o’er it,
Neither cast a shadow there,
Jesus is the Light forever
In that City bright and fair.
- This fair City is Mount Zion,
’Tis the New Jerusalem;
’Tis the Church of God, He bought her,
She’s the fair Bride of the Lamb.