Beneath the Sacred Throne of God
1. Beneath the Sacred Throne of God
I saw a river rise;
The streams were peace and pard'ning
Descending from the skies.
2. Angelic minds can ne'er explore
This deep, unfathomed sea;
'Tis void of bottom, brim, or shore,
And lost in Deity.
3. I stood amazed, and wondered when,
Or why this ocean rose,
That wafts salvation down to men,
His traitors and His foes.
4. That sacred flood, from Jesus' veins,
Was free to take away
A Mary's or Manhasseh's stains,
Or sins more vile than they.
5. Free to the sinner, dead to God,
Who sought the road to hell,
That trampled on a Savior's blood,
And on His buckler fell.
6. Triumphant grace, and man's free will,
Shall not divide the throne;
For man's a fallen sinner still,
And Christ shall reign alone.